From their inception in 2001, our client has uniquely specialised in the design, manufacture and build of load bearing light gauge steel framed (LGSF) structures to meet the increased demand for offsite construction solutions. Since then, our client has forged a successful path in becoming the UK market leader in their field.
Due to this continued success, our client is currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join the team.
Salary: Dependant on Experience.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 8:30 – 17:00 – 40 hours week.
A client facing role, the role holder will work on light gauge steel frames.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead structural design elements on projects as required; undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings.
- Mentoring and assisting Graduates and less experienced Engineers.
- Representing Sigmat at meetings with the client, other professional and suppliers.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating work with other members of the project team.
- Any other tasks commensurate with the post.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience as a lead structural engineer on projects.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a variety of projects.
- Skilled in the use of design and modelling software such as Tekla Structural Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree BEng / BSc or Masters degree MEng / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for Chartership.
- Working towards Chartership.
- CSCS card holder.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Construction, Skilled Trades, Construction and Skilled Trades, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Design.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org